Monthly Mineral Chronicles Volume 4 Issue 9 is now available here.
This month, in this 73 page full-colour issue, we have the following articles:
- A short note on the occurrence of Molybdenite at Mount Stronach, Tasmania. Having visited and collected at this Tasmanian molybdenite spot described by James, I can certainly attest to the difficulties involved in getting there!
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 1, Part 7 – Beaverite-(Cu) to beyerite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- 143-Year-Old Bisbee Ore. Rolf collects “railroad meteorites” and minerals dating back to early Bisbee days.
- All the colors of the rainbow, and more.
- Mineral Snippet – Petterdite. James shows us the rare Pb-Cr lilac-coloured carbonate mineral, petterdite, and he has some in his trade stock for anyone interested!
- The mineralogical books by James and Edward Dana. Herwig discusses the most important Dana mineral books.