Monthly Mineral Chronicles vol 4 issue 1 is now available.
For the start of a new year, one full of hope(!), we have a new look. This month, in this 58 page full-colour issue, we have the following articles:
- Cutting Cabochon Days, Rolf Luetcke. Rolf takes us back to the days when he used to cut and polish cabochons.
- Mineral Snippet – Hellyerite
- Collector’s Guide to the Minerals of Lake Boga Part 6, Steve Sorrell. This part of the Lake Boga series looks at the remaining copper species.
- Widmanstätten Structures, Noel Kennon. Ever wondered about those odd markings on some cut faces on meteorites? Noel digs into these patterns.
- The Ironclad Mine – Farmcote Station, Broken Hill District, New South Wales, Trevor Dart. Trevor describes the interesting mineralogy of this lesser-known silver mine near Broken Hill.